Customer experience matters a lot in today’s business environment.
According to studies, 86% of buyers are willing to pay more for a great customer experience.
By 2030, the total number of consumers in the world will reach the 5.6 billion mark. This highlights that focusing on customer experience is a crucial part of the big-picture strategy for any business.
Read on to find out tons of interesting and must-know customer experience statistics.
Customer Experience Statistics 2023-2024 (Top Picks)
- 86% of buyers are willing to pay more for a great customer experience, highlighting its importance.
- The global consumer count will reach 5.6 billion by 2030, showing customer experience is key for business growth.
- 80% of U.S. customers say speed, convenience, knowledgeable staff, and friendliness make or break their experience.
- Offering a stellar experience can earn companies up to a 16% price premium on products and services.
- 43% of consumers would pay more for convenience, and 42% for a warm, inviting experience.
- 65% of consumers find a positive brand experience more compelling than fantastic advertising.
- A substantial 87% of customers will avoid brands they can’t trust, making customer experience key for trust-building.
- With 95% wanting messaging to voice call options, flexibility is crucial for customer experience.
- Today, 89% of consumers crave two-way communication via messaging apps.
- 62% of consumers wish businesses cared more about them, presenting an opportunity for customer experience focus.
Customer Experience Report 2023-2024
About 80% of American customers point out that speed, convenience, knowledgeable assistance, and friendly service make or break their experience.
This tells us something essential: Businesses need to focus on these four areas to keep customers coming back. It’s simple; if you lack in any of these areas, you risk losing out on a significant chunk of your customer base.
Offering a stellar experience can earn you up to a 16% price premium on your products and services. Also, your customers are more likely to stick around. While every business can benefit, those in the luxury and indulgence sectors are found to gain the most according to reports.
Turns out, 82% of U.S. consumers and 74% of global consumers want more human interaction in the future. This is a wake-up call. It means your tech should facilitate human contact, not replace it. Unfortunately, 59% of consumers feel that companies have already lost this personal touch. Tech is great but let’s not forget we’re all human here.
What’s interesting is that 43% of people would spend more money for convenience, and 42% would do the same for a warm, inviting experience.
Even more telling, 65% of U.S. consumers find a positive brand experience to be more compelling than fantastic advertising. So, if you’re looking to up your prices without ticking off your customers, now you know what areas to invest in.
According to Sinch, 90% of customers wish they could do a quick in-message to ask questions to companies. Gone are the days when a customer would happily wait on hold for answers. Instant messaging is in, and it’s not just a trend—it’s a necessity.
A whopping 87% of customers will steer clear of brands they can’t trust. This is massive! And one of the key factors that contributes to positive brand trust is by providing good customer experience.
With 95% of customers wanting the option to jump from a messaging chat to a voice call seamlessly, flexibility is the name of the game. People want options, and they want them now. Businesses must adapt or risk falling behind.
Today, 89% of consumers crave two-way dialogues via messaging apps. And lastly, 62% of consumers wish businesses cared more about them. This statistic is a reality check and also an opportunity. If you want to be a leader in customer experience, here’s your chance to shine.
Customer Engagement Statistics 2023-2024
- Engaged customers are a revenue magnet, especially in specific industries. In consumer electronics, fully engaged customers contribute 44% more revenue.
- In the hospitality industry, it’s even higher at 46%. In simpler terms, making sure your customers are fully engaged is like giving your revenue a direct boost.
- More than half of customer support calls that don’t reach a solution could have been fixed with improved data access. This tells us that companies could massively improve their customer satisfaction by simply making information more readily available to their support teams.
- Companies who excel in engaging their B2B customers see a 63% lower rate of customer loss. That’s a significant advantage in markets where acquiring a new customer can cost far more than retaining an existing one.
- The same companies also report 50% higher productivity. Engaging your B2B customers well not only keeps them around but also makes your operations more efficient.
- Here’s something eye-opening: 57% of a purchase decision is made before a customer even talks to you. This suggests that the content you provide online is crucial.
- And speaking of content, 95% of buyers go with the company that offers ample and relevant information throughout their buying journey. This means that offering detailed product guides and FAQs sections are indeed a necessity.
- Finally, let’s talk about mobile use. A whopping 78% of consumers use mobile devices for customer service and support. When it comes to millennials, this number jumps to 90%. This just highlights the importance of a mobile-friendly customer service.
Customer Experience Industry 2023-2024
- A survey found that 50% of consumers left a brand they once loved in the past year. Why? Poor customer experience. That’s a big deal. One bad interaction can make all the difference.
- But wait, most companies think they’re doing great! A staggering 85% of businesses believe they offer personalized experiences. Hold on though, only 60% of customers agree. That disconnect is a problem. Businesses think they’re hitting the mark, but many customers feel otherwise.
- Here’s some good news: improving customer experience pays off—literally. Around 84% of companies that focused on improving customer experience saw increased revenue.
- Over two-thirds of companies are now competing primarily on customer experience. That’s a significant change. The days of only competing on price or product features are over.
- Finally, if your company nails customer experience, the reward is growth. Businesses with top-notch customer experiences have a 17% higher chance of achieving consistent year-on-year growth.
Bad Customer Experience Statistics 2023-2024
When it comes to customer service, 81% of people want to get their questions answered, plain and simple.
Only 19% care about companies tuning into their mood. This shows that at the end of the day, customers just want their issues resolved. Companies that focus on resolving questions are more likely to win favor.
Would you believe that consumer trust in retailers and manufacturers has plunged by more than half since 2014?
A business can offer great products. But if people don’t trust the business they won’t buy from there. Rebuilding that trust is vital for long-term success.
In 2022, 74% of U.S. consumers reported a bad customer service experience, marking an 8% increase from the previous year. The trend is rising, and it’s alarming. Companies need to address this quickly; otherwise, they risk losing even more customers.
People who have a good customer service experience are 38% more likely to recommend that company. The word-of-mouth power of a good experience is evident. On the flip side, bad service can do just as much to harm your reputation.
Providing bad customer service has a jaw-dropping potential risk of $494 billion due to customer churn and brand damage. That’s not just a dent; it’s a full-blown catastrophe for any business. Ignoring customer service is like throwing money down the drain.
If there’s one thing to take away, it’s that companies must invest in customer service. Whether it’s answering queries promptly or rebuilding trust, the customer’s experience matters.
B2B Customer Experience Statistics 2023-2024
80% of B2B buyers expect experiences that mirror what B2C offers. This is critical because it shows that the bar is set high. B2B companies can’t afford to think they’re in a different ballpark. High-quality experience is high-quality experience, no matter who your customer is.
Also, take note: offering a personalized eCommerce experience can catapult your sales by up to 30%. That’s not just a slight edge; it’s a leap. So, if you’re not customizing, you’re not maximizing your revenue potential.
A surprising 70% of B2B buyers are comfortable spending big bucks—like $50,000 big—through self-service channels. This is a total shift in perspective. It means these buyers don’t need a guided tour to make a substantial financial commitment.
Guess what? When B2B buyers are allowed to navigate their own purchase journey, they’re a staggering 147% more likely to hit that “Buy Now” button. The lesson? Empower your customers. Let them explore, decide, and purchase on their terms.
A full 100% of B2B customers want self-service options during some part of their buying journey. That’s right—every single B2B customer wants it.
Customer Success Statistics 2023-2024
First off, let’s address the structure of customer success teams. Believe it or not, only 34% operate as standalone units that report straight to the CEO.
A much smaller fraction, just 14%, are tucked under marketing or sales departments. This tells you how organizations prioritize customer success. If you’re a business leader, it might be high time to reconsider how you’re positioning your customer success team
Research was conducted in the past which showed that customer experience programs were predicted to outpace all other marketing and product initiatives in budget and resource allocation by 2020. This is huge. It signals a shift in where companies are investing their money.
And zooming back to 2017, a whopping 90% of marketers were all in agreement: designing a winning customer journey was their number one concern.
72% report that upping their customer success game is on their to-do list. This is promising. It means companies are listening and willing to adapt to make the customer success better.
Now, let’s talk about profits. Did you know that increasing customer retention by just a small 5% can send your profits up by 95%? That’s right, almost double the money from a seemingly tiny change.
Insurance Customer Experience Statistics 2023-2024
89% of potential customers will scour the internet to read reviews about your company before making a decision. That’s almost everyone! So it’s vital for your brand’s growth.
If you’re an insurance provider, you’ll want to keep an eye on what customers are saying to ensure you’re always putting your best foot forward.
Surprisingly, the phone remains at the top for insurance customers. Yep, it beats online and in-person channels when it comes to making the final decision to purchase a policy. So call centers are more important than ever and play a crucial role in the customer journey.
Another interesting data: an overwhelming 88% of insurance customers want more personalized service. This means, to win over new clients, insurance providers have to deliver personalized attention, especially when it comes to calls.
On the flip side, a concerning 21% of customers think insurance providers aren’t doing enough. They feel the experience isn’t tailored to them at all. That’s a sizable chunk of dissatisfied customers. If you’re in this industry, ignoring this feedback could be a mistake.
U.S. auto insurance carriers who’ve aced the customer experience game have seen two to four times more growth in new business in the past five years. And that’s not all—these companies also reported 30% higher profitability. So it makes investing in customer experience a worth-it decision.
Lastly, content customers aren’t going anywhere. They’re 80% more likely to renew their policies compared to unhappy customers. Loyalty is often hard-won in the insurance sector, but once you have it, it pays dividends.
Customer Support Statistics 2023-2024
If you thought customer support was just about answering questions and solving problems, think again. The impact of customer support on a company’s growth is hard to ignore.
First up, let’s consider how customer satisfaction relates to business success. A significant 73% of business leaders see a direct connection here. So for good growth, customer satisfaction is a must-have.
When people have a good experience with customer service, 81% of them are likely to come back for more. They’ll make another purchase.
Furthermore, 70% say that the quality of customer service influences their buying choices. So it’s simple: offer great support and you won’t just make customers happy—you’ll make them your loyal fan.
Here’s another angle to consider: 64% of businesses have seen a spike in sales, thanks to stellar customer service.
In addition, 74% of customers say they can forgive a company’s slip-ups if they receive excellent service in return. So, even if you make mistakes, strong customer service can be your safety net.
Don’t underestimate your customer service team. They’re an important part of your company’s growth. In fact, 78% of companies recognize that.
Finally, social media is also an important customer service platform. A significant 76% of customers expect a response within a day when they reach out via social media.
Customer Experience Research 2023-2024
Adobe’s latest findings highlight that businesses with solid omni-channel strategies see notable gains. They experience a 10% year-over-year growth and enjoy a 10% bump in average order value. That’s not all—close rates go up by 25%. This goes to show that a unified customer journey across all platforms is a sure growth engine.
Up next is data from the Temkin Group, highlighting that companies pulling in $1 billion a year can expect to see even more cash flowing in if they invest in customer experience. How much? Well, an impressive additional $700 million within just three years. The takeaway here is you invest in the customer experience, and the financial rewards will follow.
If you’re wondering where to start, Gartner’s research offers a tip: focus on collecting and analyzing customer feedback. Companies that nailed their customer experience projects actually listened to their customers and adjusted strategies accordingly.
Last but certainly not least, Salesforce surveyed a large group of consumers, and the message was unmistakable: customers want companies to get them. A whopping 66% expect companies to understand their needs and expectations. Even more, 82% want retailers to meet their preferences and expectations head-on.
Customer Service Statistics 2023-2024
A whopping 89% of shoppers say they’ll come back for more after a positive customer service experience. That’s big! What does it mean? If you make customers feel good, they’ll reward you with loyalty. It’s as simple as that.
Now, when we talk about brand loyalty, customer service plays a crucial role. Around 60% of customers highlight that top-notch service is key for them to stick with a brand.
Now, let’s get into specifics. For 90% of consumers globally, solving their problems swiftly and effectively is their number one customer service concern. That makes sense, right? People don’t just want to feel heard; they want results. Address their concerns, and they’ll be your follower.
Also, if you focus on improving your customer service, you could see your revenue grow by 4% to 8% above your market.
Lastly, it seems like excellent customer service is the gift that keeps on giving. A striking 93% of customers are likely to make another purchase if they’ve been treated well the first time.
Your service today sets the tone for visits tomorrow, and it’s clear customers are taking notes.
How Many Consumers Are There
Back in 2017, the global consumer count stood at 3.5 billion. Fast forward to 2030, and that number is projected to leap to a whopping 5.6 billion.
This shows that businesses need to gear up for an expanding market.
June 2023 Global Consumer Insights Pulse Survey polled 8,975 consumers across 25 countries to get a grasp on current behaviors and intentions. Here’s what they found:
|Half plan to increase online spending in 6 months||So for businesses it’s time to polish their online platforms.|
|55% rely on search for pre-purchase info||A strong SEO strategy is a must-have.|
|63% buy directly from brand websites||This means that people trust brands, and a well-designed website can reinforce that trust.|
|8 out of 10 would pay 5% more for sustainable goods||So, sustainability is a genuine consumer demand.|
As of 2023, there are 2.64 billion digital buyers globally, showing a 3.1% annual increase.
Moreover, by the year 2026, the U.S. will have approximately 230.6 million online shoppers. So if your business isn’t online, you’re missing out on a significant chunk of the consumer base.
So what does this all customer experience statistics tell? Great customer service is an effective business strategy.
86% of buyers are ready to pay more if they get great experience. And by 2030, we’re already looking at 5.6 billion consumers worldwide. That’s a lot of people who want a good experience!